The PMI Alaska Chapter will be recognized as a dynamic organization of Professional Project Managers dedicated to serving the business and educational community of Alaska through the advancement of Project Management.
The PMI Alaska Chapter will provide a forum for Professional Project Managers to promote the principles of the Project Management Institute through networking with other Project Managers, sharing project experiences, providing and receiving training, and supporting Project Managers in their certification and continuing professional development efforts.
- Promote Professional Project Management principles and techniques with local businesses, universities and professional associations.
- Create and promote a professional development program to support and enhance Project Management Professionalism through quality programs based on the needs of our members and the needs of the local Project Management community at large.
- Advance the mission and objectives of the Project Management Institute within the Alaska area.
- Create and deliver an educational program that strengthens local Project Manager Skills and supports the Project Management Institute Certification program.
- Develop a growing and committed membership of local Project Management Professionals through an aggressive recruiting and engagement plan.
PMIAK Core Value Definitions
These Values are the basis for acceptable behavior and norms of how we operate as a Board and become the fabric of our Chapter culture.
- Commitment-Commitment to roll great product, service and other initiatives that impact lives both within and outside the organization.
- Community- A sense of responsibility and contribution to society that define our existence.
- Fun- Having fun and celebrating small successes in our journey to achieve big.
- Integrity-To act with honesty and integrity without compromising the truth.
- Leadership- The courage to lead from front and shape future.
- Quality-Giving the best and unmatched results for all round satisfaction.
- Transparency- Operating in such a way that it is easy for others to see what actions are performed - implies openness, communication, and accountability.