How much time is required?
- Volunteer opportunities range from:
- Short-term commitments -> such as a few hours a month
- Long-term lead roles -> such as Board and Director positions
You will find many different opportunities available in each of our varied departments. For an example, volunteer roles for PMI Alaska's Professional Development Day to creating a simple spreadsheet for the board to use. Volunteering can range from core team responsibilities that are a year-long commitment to shorter-term positions throughout the year and even “day of” positions that span only two to three hours on event day!
Ready to help and gain experience along with PDUs?
- Get started by updating your PMI Volunteer Profile (or contact VPVolunteers@pmiak.org)
- You’ll use your PMI login information to access this page. Be sure to update your areas of interest to be notified when new positions in those areas get posted.
- Then find an opportunity. Narrow your search to United States, Alaska, and Alaska Chapter.
- When you find a position you’re interested in, click its link, read the description, and click “Apply Now” to begin the application process. Your application will be reviewed, and you’ll be contacted if we need more information. If you are not able to provide all the information, don't shy away, we can discuss it together.
For video instruction on VRMS
We hope you have a great time contributing to your areas of interest and expertise, and we look forward to meeting you.
Already a Volunteer?
If you have any questions, please contact VPVolunteers@PMIAK.org